Sunday, August 4, 2013

Copenhagen...Finally

After a very early morning flight in Copenhagen, we managed to get to the city center by metro, bus, and walking. We were able to get our keys from the International office, and then Anton and I were on our way to find 44 Aboulevard. We finally found it, but there were no numbers or names on any of the doors, so by trial and error with the key we were able to find our rooms. We are living in a city apartment with international students from both University of Copenhagen and Copenhagen Business School. There is a beauty saloon below us and then 4 floors of apartments. Each floor has 5 bedrooms with a shared kitchen.

I walked into my room and was astounded at how large it was. I also have a large balcony overlooking the street which is a huge plus. Not everyone has moved in our building yet, but so far there are a few girls from UC Santa Cruz, a guy from NYU, a guy from UT-Austin, a girl from Tasmania, and a girl from Spain.

But for the first day we really just tried to get settled in and relax. We checked out Sam's dorms called Singulhusset, which is a little farther outside the city, but houses lots of people. Surprisingly our first real meal out in Copenhagen was at a nice Asian restaurant across the street from my apartment. We hit the hay pretty soon after that because we have class everyday at 9 am.

First day, the sights and sounds of Copenhagen got me pretty excited for what the future holds.




IMPORTANT: I am starting a new section of my blog for my stay in Copenhagen alone and will revert back to this section when I do trips outside the country. So please keep reading! Thanks or Takt in Danish

No comments:

Post a Comment