Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Westminister....WOW: London Day 2

Each one of us slept in, which was well needed. Therefore we were super energetic to see the the notorious sights that London has to offer. We first took the tube (London's metro) to the area closest to Buckingham palace. I was absolutely astounded when I saw Buckingham palace itself. But Big Ben and the Parliament building were even more spectacular. I have seen these sights in movies my entire life, like Shanghai Nights with Owen Wilson and Jackie Chan, but I couldn't believe that I was actually looking at them in person. Incredible feeling. I think that I could stare at Big Ben for an entire day. Later on, because we were in London, Anton and I decided to get some Earl grey tea along the Thames river; hit the spot. After that we walked to Hyde Park, which was actually King Henry VII's hunting grounds in the 1500's. More modernly, it served as the body of water that held the crew races during the Olympics in London last summer. We decided to have some afternoon beers and cider there which was extremely relaxing.

One thing that I found very strange about London is that fried chicken is EXTREMELY popular. There are KFCs every where, and most other fried chicken restaurants just put another name in front of the fc, so we saw PFCs, HFCs, etc. Very strange, but because of this we decided to go to a fried chicken chain called Chicken Cottage (surprisingly one of the few without ending in FC). It was no different of KFC though haha, and made us way to full. After we had gotten dressed for the night, we headed to an area of London called Convent Gardens and went to a few bars there. All around great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment